1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
I used trace paper and circled the values of the face on to it. Then I had to put the trace paper over my sketch book and trace over my line values. Next I had to shade the values the colors they looked in the photo. After shading all the values it looked like a face.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
The way I found values is by holding the picture up to the light. It made it easy to see what what of the photos were darker or lighter. Then I just circled them.
3. Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait? How?I think yes. I used most of the shades on my value chart. It was darker in parts of his hair and his shadows.
4. Describe your craftsmanship. Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I think it was pretty good. I tried my best to match the values. I feel like there are some spots i could have made a little darker. I also feel like i messed up his lips because i didnt circle value around them.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.