Thursday, December 6, 2012
I don't think it was that great. I Feel i could ave added more shadows. It worked alot better if you blended colors with the colored pencils . I didnt do a good job of that. Also you had make your watercolors light. IF i did the project over again id make my vanishing point more clear. th ehardest part was making sure the water colors were light.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
1. Describe the process you went through to change your object into the correct perspective to create the drawing. This is when you were in the lab.
We had to use photoshop. Then we uploaded our photos. Then we used transform to make it look longer then it really was.
2. How did distorting and stretching the object allow for you to create a drawing that would look different to the viewer?
So when we drew it it would seem longer and wider at the top twhen look straight at it. but if you change your perspective it would look normal.
3. What were the most important concepts in the project to make it successful
it was important to draw your grid the same on your drawing paper and on your picture. it was also important to use the colored pencils to show the value. Also to have a shadow so it looks like its standing on the paper.
1. Explain how you changed your photo in the lab to create a stencil.
We first found out photos. then we saved them to our computer. the we went to Photoshop. Then we went to threshold and used that to make the black and white. we got the contrast how we wanted in and printed it.
2. When creating the collage background explain your choices of colors, materials (magazine paper, books pages, etc), and placement. How does it relate to your topic? If no relation discuss general idea.
My news papers were kinda random in my collage. I was looking for stuff with color because this statue
is by Atlantic City in New Jersey. Then i used spray paint on the background to add more color.
3. Discuss the way positive and negative space was used to create your stencil.
The positve and negative space was used as a guide of what to cut. you could cut the postive or the negative on the stencil. what ever you cut would be what was black on the paper
4. When using the xacto knife, explain the safety procedures, how to use the knife and any challenges you had to overcome while cutting.
The xacto knife was used to cut the stencil. You have to make sure you were cutting away from yourself. You also had to make sure you were holding in correctly so you dont cut yourself.
5. How was your experience with the spray paint? Discuss how color choice is important, placement of stencil, and any other concepts you noticed while creating this.
Spray paint was fun. you had to find a good color to make sure your picture turned out good. Some colors were to light to do for the stencil but good for the background. also it looked best if your stencil is centered.
Monday, October 29, 2012
1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I put in the feathers of the peacock. Yes, it shows the picture better. it also makes it look more real.
3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
the negative i cut out. the positive i left.
4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
it is okay. I feel i could have used diffrent sized lines more.
5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
i really didnt use that.
6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
it was hard knowing waht to cut out and what not to.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Print Sketch Critique
1. Why is texture so important to have in your sketches?
So you can tell what the animal or object is. it helps make it look more real.
2. Why is it neccessary for you to have several references of each animal and each background? Explain.
so you get diffrent views of the animal. also see diffrent backgronds. also what works well together.
3. When you look at your sketches are you able to see which sketch is the strongest and will make the best print? How do you know this?
No not yet. Because i havent finshed all of them yet.
1. Explain your experience working on a team and executing your ideas for the mural.
working with a team was fun. You each worked togethter and got it done faster. It wasn't really my idea. i left early the day we were planning so my group picked but i liked it.
2. Explain the importance of collaboration when working on a team.
Its really important to collaborat everyones ideas. It makes everyone a part of the group. also sometimes you will like other ideas more then your own.
3. How successful was this project? Explain how and why.
I think it was successful. i think this because people can interact with it. also because we practice using blending.
4. Explain how you feel about creating artwork that others can interact with. Ex. Invoving the whole school?
I really liked making it. looking at my friends post photos on facebook and instagram with our art is cool.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
I used trace paper and circled the values of the face on to it. Then I had to put the trace paper over my sketch book and trace over my line values. Next I had to shade the values the colors they looked in the photo. After shading all the values it looked like a face.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
The way I found values is by holding the picture up to the light. It made it easy to see what what of the photos were darker or lighter. Then I just circled them.
3. Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait? How?I think yes. I used most of the shades on my value chart. It was darker in parts of his hair and his shadows.
4. Describe your craftsmanship. Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I think it was pretty good. I tried my best to match the values. I feel like there are some spots i could have made a little darker. I also feel like i messed up his lips because i didnt circle value around them.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.